So it’s 3 days until the Olympic Torch is in my hometown and today is the first day of my Olympic inspired, healthy recipe sharing.
I came across this recipe from the famous Eric Lanlard’s-Baking Mad with Eric Lanlard. I wonder if this can make a healthy breakfast for those athletes? If not, it’s a healthy enough breakfast for me! 🙂
- 225g Wholemeal flour
- 1½ tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 200ml Milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 150g Courgette, trimmed and coarsely grated
- 75g Mixed seeds such as Pumpkin, Sesame and Sunflower
- 25g Oats
Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4 and line a muffin tray with paper liners.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. In a seperate bowl mix together the milk, eggs, vegetable oil, honey and grated courgette. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix – be careful not to overmix, you just need to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases, leaving a little space for the muffins to rise, and cover with the mixed seeds and oats. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tray then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Eric’s tip: Try serving with a drizzle of honey and a spoonful of Greek yoghurt.
From Baking Mad with Eric Lanlard. http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/tv-show-recipes/baking-mad-with-eric-lanlard/courgette-and-seed-muffins-recipe
If that’s not healthy and delicious, I don’t know what is! 🙂
“One should not attend even the end of the world without a good breakfast”